Boost the Power of your Desktop
Mighty Desktop is an extremely powerful suite, full of functions that combine the functionality of some other tools and a lot of new things in a top modern and improved form to enhance the Windows® desktop a lot. Mighty Desktop could also be called a "Hyper Tool". It's basically an extension for Windows® that you should install immediately after you installed Windows on a PC. It will boost the abilities of your Windows Desktop by a huge factor and at the same time serves as an automation base. It increases the productivity of you and your team daily by a lot. It's intended to be used for business as well as home users. It was created in response to all the things that have long been missing in daily work.
Mighty Desktop is a top state of the art product programmed using the most modern programming technology and programming language. The following lists the features:
Ease of Work
- Saving the entire state of all of your running applications and restoring them, for example for a restart
- Saving the entire state of the open File Explorer folders and restoring them as they were, for example for a restart
- Saving, restoring and repairing the state of the icon positions on Windows Desktop supporting multiple monitors
- Powerful and efficient string search in textfiles, in the content as well as in the filename with option to replace them having an undo possibility. The search can even go across multiple drives.
- Efficient search for places in text files resp. source code where a string or parameter is missing
- Opening of a set of documents and folders by a single click or keystroke
- Switching off or keeping the monitor on when the pointer is in a corner, or also on other events
- Displaying the size of the trash bin of a single drive and emptying it
- File transfer of huge files that allows the computer to be restarted in between, having many options like verification of the copied data, access to the files during the transfer, timing and much more
- Renaming multiple files and folders in one batch in several ways supporting file system- and Regex patterns as well as undo-redo functionality
- Improved deletion of files and folders, for example such with long pathnames or set read-only flag
- Replacing '.', '_' and '-' in file and folder names to blanks
- Renaming file and folder names to Title Case
- Duplicating Visual Studio projects and solutions
- Placing documents in their own folder or taking them out of it
- Switching on the "Num Lock" key at each Windows boot or other events
- Splitting of huge files into smaller parts with the ability to put each part on another drive
- Concatenating files (Join of a previously splitted file)
- Copying or replacing files that are constantly locked by the system
- Compilation of files from different locations into a single folder (Release Building)
- Recording data placed on the clipboard and accessing it later (Multi Clipboard), compiling it into a document or executing an action on them
- Extracting columns from HTML tables that are displayed in a browser
- Extracting or swapping columns of fixed width plain text tables
- Conversion of HTML, RTF or XAML to plain text (Extraction)
- Decryption of a PGP message ("---- BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----")
- Conversion of pure text to HTML, RTF or XAML
- Improved import of plain texts into text processors like Word, Libre Office, Open Office...
- Conversion of pure text to upper or lower case
- Conversion of characters into HTML notation and vice versa (e.g. '&' -> '&')
- Conversion of text into title notation (e.g. "the title of the book" -> "The Title Of The Book")
- Conversion of text into phrase notation, i.e. for making contracts better readable (example: "BY ENTERING THIS AGREEMENT" -> "By entering this agreement")
- Conversion of strings between several notations (C#, C++, C, Java, Base64, HTML, DOS)
- Building UNICODE strings from the character's code numbers
- Escaping or unescaping a Regular Expression string
- Conversion of all US-English dates contained in a text to regional format
- Calculation of the product key name in the Windows Registry from the product GUID
- Conversion of a table of separated values (e.g. CSV) into a tabular representation
- Reconstruction of paragraphs from a hard wrapped plain text
- Reformatting (re-wrapping) of paragraphs of a plain text
- Reformatting (re-wrapping) of comments of a program source
- Trimming blanks at the start and end of plain text lines
- Reducing multiple blanks inside plain text to one
- Sorting plain text lines according to real lexicographic order (not possible in Notepad++)
- Reconstruction of a table that was previously listed by "Column: Value"
- Swapping assignment statements in a program source
- Listing invisible characters in a text string
- Listing the character codes of a text
- Counting characters and words of a text
- Merge of two dictionary lists, ie. for DSpellcheck Hunspell
- Changing or repairing the creation- and/or modification stamps of multiple files
- Adding useful functions to the right click menus in File Explorer
- Adding frequently used favorites to RegEdit's favorites menu
- Sorting RegEdit's favorites menu
- Editor for the system's environment variables (Environment Set Editor) with Drag&Drop support
- Modern Windows commandline shell replacement with Drag&Drop support
- Producing a textual listing of files and folders, with selectable properties
- Stopwatch with protocol function
- Countdown timer with protocol function and configurable action on 0
- Easy opening of the Autostart folder, Services list and Device Manager, keeping the window's position and size
- Improved Windows control panel "Apps and Features" resp. "Programs and Features"
- Improved Windows dialogs Character Map, Font- and Color Picker
- Placing of icons on the desktop which start any action on a double-click
- Configuring hotkeys which start any action even if in another application
- Ejecting removable drives safely having a method discovering which process is preventing it
Starting processes with normal privileges if the user is an administrator
- Starting processes at predefined times, having a highly versatile Scheduler
- Opening a command prompt window on a folder directly from File Explorer
- Changing the audio volume level at a predefined date and time
- Increasing the maximum number of pinned items for apps in the Windows Taskbar
- Tweaking useful things in Windows for which there is no user interface
- Process queue for long running processes with many options
Calculations and Conversions
Control and Automation
- Ensuring that some applications are up and running permanently (eg. chat apps, mail program, services)
- Opening resp. starting multiple applications, documents, folders and websites at once
- Reacting on windows when they appear, ie. automatically closing an advertising window, automatically changing the priority of a starting application, automatically clicking a button or point or also entering text in a box
- Reacting on processes as soon as they are running, e.g. automatic opening of documents, change of priority or other actions
- Reacting on events of the file system like newly added files, changed files, changed content (checksum), low free space and then execute an action
- Automatically open a document if it is added to a folder, for example by a scanner or download
- Automatically execute an action if a certain process goes into idle state
- Composition of actions to be executed based on many built-in commands
- Sophisticated event scheduler that can execute any action if the time is up
- Shutting down or restarting your system at a predefined time
- Automation of practically any repetitive task in Windows by executing configurable actions
- Common features of Mighty Desktop are listed here
- Running resp. opening of files in boxes with two clicks
- Opening of a Windows Explorer window directly on any of the involved files resp. directories
- Direct switch over to Atlas Subtitler, the best tool for downloading subtitles for videos from web servers
- Direct call of the best tool for converting videos, audios and subtitles, Multimedia Xpert, another of our versatile tools.
.NET Framework 4.8 will be automatically downloaded if not present on your machine (it's already preinstalled on the most systems). The app is tested up to Windows 11.
As always Atlas Informatik commits to highest quality standards to provide The Atlas Xperience™, a software standard far above the average:
- Widespread Drag & Drop: Dragging files or entire folders onto the app, draging files from one datagrid to another, rearranging grid rows and columns by drag & drop, copying and pasting grid rows to and from other applications, dragging data to other apps, all possible (please note that Windows doesn't let you drag & drop between programs of different privilege levels)
- The state of the app is almost completely preserved when you close and reopen it. Almost all in- and outputs are preserved. This includes in particular all window sizes, zoom factors, column order and configurations of data grids, undoable operations, content of the protocol panel, content of the Process Queue and much more. Active processings are automatically paused and continued when the app is restarted.
- File Explorer integration: The possibility to call functions directly from within File Explorer resp. the Windows Desktop by right clicking and on the other hand the possibility to open a File Explorer window on any pathname.
- Popup functions on path boxes to insert a file or folder's path. Note that you can hold [Shift] to insert the path without quote characters.
- File system scanning operations are done directly by Windows-Calls instead of .NET Framework's which makes them quicker by a factor of more than 20 compared to common .NET programs
- Lots of sophisticated checks are built in to discover input errors at the earliest point in time. For example all datagrids will be checked for duplicates and the letter case is updated according to the one that the file has.
- Resizable and zoomable windows wherever it is useful
- File operations with retry boxes in case a file is in use by another process
- Some file operations will automatically reconnect network drives that were disconnected by Windows or driver faults
- Multi-monitor awareness: Opened windows that are partially outside the monitor are automatically brought back. This works correctly even if you have multiple monitors of different resolutions joined to one big area. The monitor where the app was started from is the home monitor. Especially useful for presenters, and also when saved window states of another monitor configuration are reused.
- A clear and easily understandable UI that tries to join the user's thinking and presents him all functions that could be useful. Usable with the fewest keystrokes and clicks possible.
- A lot of tooltips everywhere which make the software intuitively usable and explain goodies
- Context-sensitive help on the Internet, which is constantly updated
- Log output that makes the program's logic understandable and can be reviewed later on
- If problems are reported, special care has been taken to ensure that the messages are meaningful and explain in an understandable way why something was not possible (unlike usual)
- Any displayed output can be selected and copied to the clipboard
- Tables that are downloaded from our server, improved on a daily basis
- Automatic update delivery system in the background, no manual checks necessary
- Online web pages with lots of informations
- Fully language-translatable UI without the need for program changes
- Use of the most advanced programming language, most advanced UI technology and most advanced architecture scheme MVVM (C#, WPF, MVVM)
- Unit tested, failure proof and robust programming wherever possible, a software you can rely on
- Updates with new features and fixes over a long period of time
- Bug sending system (if you agree)
- Written by a long time professional, a certified senior software engineer of the highest degree.
See more at The Atlas Xperience™.
Mighty Desktop is Freemium. It will always run for free and get data updates from our server daily. Some advanced features are only available with a premium license for a decent price. In your first 30 days of testing you will be granted the premium status. This way you can start testing the full functionality without any administrative hurdle. After this phase the program will continue to run but without the advanced features. A premium license can be purchased in the Online Shop at a modest price. The payment process is very easy and can be made by PayPal, Skrill, Bitcoin, Ether, Revolut, credit cards or bank wire. In case of an online payment the license is activated immediately.
Current price: Basic version is free of charge. Premium 1 user approx. USD 14 / year (currently approx. EUR 13, CHF 14).
There are also attractively priced domain licenses for a larger number of users, which simplifies the registration process enormously.
- Atlas Subtitler: Download subtitles to videos, synchronize (shift) subtitles, prepare subtitles for a certain video player, manage your list of seen movies and much more
- Multimedia Xpert: Convert videos, burn subtitles, extract audio, extract subtitles, add subtitle streams and much more
You can navigate directly to a topic using the navigation menu on the left side, or else