The 'Extensions' tab of the 'Windows™ Extensions' tab contains these functions:
- Add RegEdit Favorites: Mighty Desktop knows some useful favorites that nearly any RegEdit user could profit from (RegEdit is a low level administration tool for maintenance). The list is downloaded from the Atlas Server, so it can expand over time. A favorite will never be added more than once.
- Sort RegEdit Favorites: If you open the menu 'Favorites' in RegEdit you will see all favorites in the order they were added over time. For me this is not a practical solution, I always liked to have them arranged alphabetically. This function does that.
- Clean Temp Folders: Windows has a few folders where applications and Windows itself can store small files with temporary data, called the TEMP folders. Many applications forget to delete some temporary files so these folders get bigger and bigger. Temp-files shouldn't be deleted manually because an application could still need them. Only if all applications are exited it is safe to delete them, and only those who are older than a week (according to Microsoft). A folder is only deleted if ALL items inside are older. Mighty Desktop applies some sophisticated techniques to be able to delete files that are not easily deletable interactively and also to delete files with very long paths. Note that it may be necessary to start Mighty Desktop as Administrator to be able to get rid of certain files. There is a button in the 'About' tab to do this. By the way, you can choose to let Mighty Desktop execute this operation at each shutdown, see chapter "Suspend-Resume", or also scheduled at any time you wish (see Mighty Commands).
- Taskbar Settings: You can configure how many recently used items should be kept in the popup menu of an app in the Windows taskbar. My personal preference is 40, double the default of 20.
- Web Search in Windows Desktop Start Menu: Only used in Windows versions starting from 10. Toggles the automatic search on the web if you enter something in the search box of Windows Desktop. You can use the provided button in the About tab to restart Mighty Desktop in admin mode to get the rights for changing it.
- File Explorer Popup Functions: If you deactivate this all the Mighty Desktop functions will be removed in File Explorer.