You can also use the conversion tab for removing a part at the start or end of a video, audio or also subtitle file without even having to recode it. This can be done very efficiently and time saving. This is how to do it:
- Select one of the Output Specifications matching the format of your input file or else any other
- Press right of it to switch over to the Output Specifications tab
- Clear the field Output Video Codec and/or Output Audio Codec. This will instruct Multimedia Xpert to leave the format as is.
- Select an Output File Format. Again it's the most efficient if it's the same format as the input.
- Enter your desired start and end time of the part you want to keep in the fields Extract Range
- Push the button Apply
- Click to get back to the Convert tab
- Push the Convert button
Extraction of the audio of a video
The above process can also be used as part of the extraction of an audio passage out of a movie. The only difference is that you select an Output Specification of type Audio.